Wednesday, March 11, 2009

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War


I know. I know, I know, I know...how can a guy who lists "To Kill a Mockingbird" as one of his favorite all time books read a ridiculous book like "World War Z" written by the son of Mel Brooks? ("I didn't get a "harrumph" out of that guy!")

On the surface, I agree, ridiculous but in execution Max Brooks does a great job. In fact he did such a good job he creeped me out the way Stephen King used to back in the old days.

This was a solid to great read.

How did I come about this book? I saw the cover and thought it might be something about a terrorist war in the future, looked at the back cover, and then my wife asked me what I was doing with that book in my hand.

She was in the process of purchasing some Nicholas Sparks yawnfest, so I held my ground and said I was taking the zombie book...I ended up reading "Nights in Rodanthe" afterwards...Max Brooks was far more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment