Sunday, March 29, 2009

Texas-Israeli War: 1999

I just started reading "Team of Rivals" which is so long I might not get through with it until the Fourth of July. So in the meantime, I've got to keep the site active.

("Buzz, I saw your girlfriend; Woof!")

After an interesting cover, there is little to say about this book. Characters, story line are as thin as the book itself (less than 200 pages). One of the few books I kept in my back pocket when carrying it around. I didn't know how to defend myself if someone asked why I was reading it.

Still there is something about this book that cheers me. Odd, that book about a post World War III world could be cheerful. Well its not the story, not the characters, not the action, not the cover...But this is the kind of book that cheers anybody who has ever earned any sort of existence writing.

This book got published! Every time I think about it, I feel a burdened lifted from my shoulders. This book got published! I don't have to concern myself with doubt over my skills...because THIS BOOK GOT PUBLISHED!

Writers, sportswriters, anybody who puts ink to paper are needy people. It takes one wise guy to say: "Don't quit your day job", or "You don't have a clue", or "You stink on ice" and you begin to bruise.

But something like the Texas-Israeli War 1999...This book got published!...can make you feel like your a little less of a hack...maybe not standing at the very end of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment